Saturday, January 15, 2011

Inspiration

Thus far in my photographic adventures, I've never tried to recreate another photograph, painting or any other piece of art. Until this winter break. I was randomly browsing through a photography book when I stumbled upon this photo of Steve Martin shot by Annie Leibovitz.























At the time I found this photograph, I was already planning on doing a photoshoot with my good friend, Trishna Helmick. She's an AMAZING singer and model and we always find ourselves brainstorming on our next shoot, even when we won't even be in the same state for months. We had actually been planning a shoot in the snow since last Fall, so when I came across Leibovitz's photograph, a lightbulb came on in my head.

So I found myself creating a solid snow canvas and painting the snow with black wall paint. It was interesting, and appropriately challenging for the both of us. And I'm so incredibly happy with the results. So here they are:













1 comment:

  1. Your images are stunning. The white and black make such a great combination. The dress fits perfectly with the background. Great poses. The lighting is also excellent. Especially the 9th and the last image. And the model is beautiful. Pretty much a stunning series.

    ReplyDelete