Saturday, January 15, 2011

Final Project: Memories

As a child, I remember growing up at my grandma's house and the lake. There were always certain things in my grandma's house that I remember seeing all the time, and these particular things and places in her house still seem to resinate with me. So with this project, I re-visted these areas to photograph them as simply and truthfully as I could.

When I originally started this work, my grandmother was in and out of the hospital. Since she's 96 years old, I was worried about her health and prayed it didn't take a turn for the worst. This got me thinking about the space in which I was shooting. This house is where I made some of the best childhood memories and most of the house is exactly as I remember it growing up. This got me thinking about the house after my grandmother passes. With my mother being willed the house, I'm sure my family will move in while most of the stuff there will move out. I tried envisioning the space empty, and it made me even more grateful and willing to photograph these objects as they are now. They remind me of how things were as a child, and hopefully will remind me in the future how things are at this very moment.













































No comments:

Post a Comment