Monday, February 21, 2011

Mini Assignment Three

The third mini assignment for Portraiture was to photograph "strangers" using outdoor lighting, expressing either "joy" or "sadness." I had plans to finish up a shoot over the weekend, but unfortunately my body didn't get the memo. So I sort of threw together these images in short notice. This is my grandmother, as seen in other photographs. She suffers from dementia, and it's been quite an adjustment for me to accept the person who she is now, which is primarily based on her disease. There are only a few of my family members that don't live with us, and it's not too often they're able to come around. Just recently was the first time in many years that a lot of my cousins got to see who this person we call our grandmother is today. Though she knows who they are, and can recall stories and other details about them from their youth, she really doesn't know the people they are now. On the other end of the spectrum, my family is also re-meeting my grandma in a sense. My one cousin, Frankie [who's pictured below] has made a considerable effort to come and visit my grandma almost once a week. This is my effort to capture one of these visits.




No comments:

Post a Comment